Meet Our 2008 - 2009 Charity - The Caring Center of Slidell
The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But the good Samaritan reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?" ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
The Caring Center of Slidell is a non-profit organization that offers a residential shelter for homeless women and children in Slidell, Louisiana. Whereas many similar programs offer temporary housing and assistance for only forty-five days, the Caring Center of Slidell offers shelter for up to six-months in order to a assist it’s residents with procuring jobs, housing and establishing a safe environment in which to live.
The Leadership Slidell Northshore Alumni Association is pleased to adopt the Caring Center for our 2008 – 2009 fiscal year. Our efforts for this organization include:
Our efforts culminate with the Second Annual Charity Golf Tournament in order to raise funds that will be used toward the expansion of the Caring Center’s facility. The facility currently houses up to 10 women and children and has a three-year waiting list! It is our desired to assist with the expansion of the facility in order to provide a larger number of women and children with a safe shelter in which to “regain their footing”.
- Increasing community awareness of this program,
- Placing an LSNAA Alumni on the Board of Directors of the Caring Center to assist with establishing detailed policies & procedures for the organization,
- Assisting with determining financial aid and grant opportunities,
- Running a donation drive for the charity in order to procure much needed supplies for residents,
- Organizing a cleanup / build day to assist the Caring Center with organization of its facility as well as build beds for residents,
- Facilitating educational / training skill opportunities for residents, and
- Managing the Charity Golf Tournament to raise funds to support the organization.
To learn more about how you can assist the Caring Center of Slidell, please contact Ms. Wynn Williams at 985-640-4289.
2007 - 2008 Charity of the Year: The Pediatric Foundation of the Northshore